Sunday, October 31, 2010

If I were Elected President

An entry from one of Esty's recently found journals. (Written between ages 12-15) 


If I were Elected President

If I were elected president, it would be pretty exciting! Imagine not only the 1st woman president but also the 1st Jewish President!!

First, I’d throw a party for all my friends. Everyone would be excited for me! Then everyone would give me advice on how to lead the country: 

Nechama Dina would advise that I should emphasize education strongly. The knowledge will guide people on the right path, away from crime, etc. it will give people jobs, happy family life, & surely better perspective on life itself. Education, Indeed, will cut down on Drugs,homeless, alcoholics ,& crime rate.

Chanie would offer: to develop & increase everlasting peace& tranquility throughout the world, in order that the world will become safe, and at peace with one another.

And now I would give my own idea: that although there needs to be a separation of church & state, religion in school should be applied, so that students will know & realize G-d. And they come to fearing G-d.and knowing that there is a G-d in this world, knowing that there is a boss over us, knowing that there is purpose in life, these all bring about the right values to a person in succeeding his/her proper goals in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment