Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dear Esty,

I miss you so much.

I could never have imagined that this could happen,
that my sister,
one
so unique and fine in her modesty,
so content,
so real in her happiness for others,
careful in doing mitzvos, big and small,
so accepting and non-judgmental,
so steadfast and secure in her beliefs
would now be far away.

It is so rare nowadays
in this world of falseness
to have a person so modest, so pure
untouched by anything wrong or improper
and yet who lived with values so sure,
above the rest

You were so proud of Mendel
and thought the world of him
what a special couple for us to see growing up
and your children
how you loved them
the many gifts you gave them will keep them strong.

You were proud of the things your siblings have done
you never needed to toot your own horn
you never expected anyone to hold by your standards
or to owe anything to you

I can truly say you lived a life that is dear by G-d
though in my eyes are tears
you were a beloved daughter,
wife and mother
friend and sister
granddaughter
in these too short years

I thought you'd always be there
your strong and soft self
so it never seemed a rush to call or write or fly
now I would a thousand times
but you're so far away.

So with love and stabbing pain
taking sides of my heart
and memories
of my beautiful older sister
of whom I cannot part
who taught us so many songs
was a great listener for me
whose values were real, not materiality
who laughed and cared
and surely brought this world to a better place,
I ask you to bring Moshiach,
I have never wished for it so much

You need to be back
so many important things you've left behind
we all agree
a mother should be
with her family
not somewhere far away

There is a big hole that used to be whole
in the hearts of many
and I know you are watching your husband and children
those beautiful people who had you
and until the day you're back again
a piece of you will be in them

I cannot stop missing you and I am going to do all I can to bring you back again.

Love, Devora Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment