Friday, October 15, 2010

Tzniyus...who we are

I met Esty in Teen Camp. For me, who felt like a stranger in a strange new land, being friends with Esty was so refreshing. We were both writers, but she took it more seriously and wrote for camp. I'm not sure if it was a camp newsletter, or something like that. But I really, really enjoyed her. She was fun, and funny, and cute, and creative, and unassuming, and smart. 
 
She never felt like she had to join the cool gangs, ever. But she was so nice to everyone. I wish I kept up with her. She was just so enjoyable, so real, so true. I am devastated by her passing, and just thinking about how her husband and parents and children suffer pains me so much.
 
I feel like remembering Esty is bringing a whole new level of tzniyus into the world, a level of tzniyus that doesn't just have to do with how we dress, but who we are.
 
Hashem should comfort Esty's whole family together will all aveilei tziyon.
 
Nechama Dina Smith

2 comments:

  1. Growing up, I always looked up to Esty for she was an older girl. She was always so put together, happy, and positive about everything. Whenever she would come and visit at school, I always liked to talk with her. She was so easy to get along with. She had no pretences or fakeness. She never looked down at me for being younger and for that I really admired her.

    Esty’s wedding was the first wedding I ever went too and I was so excited to go. When I saw her at the wedding, she was so beautiful and radiant. There was a long line of people waiting to wish her Mazel Tov. As I waited, I had so much to say but I knew this was her wedding day and I should just wish her Mazel Tov. When it was my turn to wish her Mazel Tov, she spoke to me as if she had all the time in the world. That truly meant a lot to me.

    Esty was such a beautiful person. For those who saw her on the outside saw a sweet, aidel, and kind girl. For those who knew her on the inside, knew how even more beautiful and special she really was.

    I am so sorry for your loss may Hashem comfort you during these difficult and hard times!
    Hamakom Yenachem Eschem Bsoch Shaar Avlei Tzion Veyerushalayim

    Sincerely,
    Sarah Aidel Calvo

    ReplyDelete