Thursday, October 7, 2010

A True Bas Melech

Dear Rubin and Cohen Families,

I had the zchus to sit next to Estie in High School, we were in the same class every year in Beis Rivka. We were together in Seminary Tzfas. Her refined character was exemplary. She was a true bas melech, and truly penima- a true Esther and truly Aidel. Even though I was with her for so many years, her writings and life was always something I found intriguing because she kept so private.

Estie and I are the same age, we married around the same time, and our children are the same ages. I haven't been in touch with Estie although we would always exchange a few words when we would see each other at the kinus- which she attended last year. I made Challah and davened together with so many for her Refuah. That night I had a dream that I saw her, and she was walking away. Her face was shining, she looked so happy, free, and truly beautiful. The thoughts of her sudden tragic passing haunt me.

In her memory, my husband and I will Bez"h be starting a Gmach for new mothers and babies here in Philadelphia. We will Bez"h bl"n be delivering a package of basic needs- such as diapers, wipes, and perhaps a stretchie to the home before the baby comes home from the hospital. I think Estie would appreciate this. May her memory be blessed.

May Hashem give you Koach to stand through these difficult times.
Hamakom Yenachem Eschem Bsoch Shaar Avlei Tzion Veyerushalayim

Doba Weber (Bergstein)

No comments:

Post a Comment