Sunday, October 10, 2010

Be Happy

From Esty’s Journal on becoming a staff member at summer camp

… getting into that place (camp as a staff member) was a parsha (saga) on its own. I didn’t know if I would go there. I wrote a P”an (letter to the Rebbe, after his passing) that I want to find out what to do for the summer, and that I want to be happy with where I go. I knew I was asking a little too much with the second thing, but it was important to me.

Being happy is one of the most important things, because you can have everything, but not be happy, and then what is it all worth? I knew I should just be happy that I find a place, and v’zehu. But the Rebbe can do a lot. A day later the girls (staff) said I could come! So you see that you don’t have to be afraid of asking too much.

At first I was with older kids, and then they wanted to change me to the 4th and 5th year olds. That felt like an insult, and I told them I didn’t want to. In the end, I changed, and I was very happy.  Yeridah Tzorech Aliyah (descent for the sake of an ascent)…

No comments:

Post a Comment