Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"My" Esty


"My" Esty

The loss is beyond words. I grew up next to the Rubins in Albany, and babysat for them for years and years. I knew them from when their oldest boy Mendel was two. I saw Esty as an infant, as a toddler, a child, a youth...the Rubins were my second family, better than blood to me. Esty was the sweetest child, the loveliest girl, so beautiful and so special inside and out. Gentle and sweet. 

The loss is unthinkable. I have not seen her in years but I cannot stop crying. She was dear to so many, and grew up into such a wonderful woman. She did so much with her life. The whole Rubin family has been a source of such inspiration and love over the decades, and their children carried their legacy around the world. Love to the Rubins, and the Cohens, and may Esty's memory stay alive in all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment