Sunday, October 31, 2010

Esty's Bas Mitzvah

My favorite memory of Esty was her Bas Mitzvah.  We were all so excited, our first Bas Mitzvah in Albany, since Esty was the oldest girl in the school at the time.  Esty was the first Bas Mitzvah girl who gave the women's shiur in the summer on Shabbos day. It was usually given by her mother, Rochel, or other women.   Even though she was always so quiet, Esty presented a beautiful shiur on the parsha!  She had such poise and spoke so beautifully.  My girls were 8 and 6 then, and I was so happy that they had Esty as a role model. 

Esty was indeed aidel, tznius, and always smiling!  I still smile when I remember her sweet laugh.  Although Esty didn't come to Albany much since she got married, we always were so thrilled to see her at family weddings with her very sweet children and her wonderful husband, Mendel. 

We will all miss her very much, but the most beautiful memories of Esty are kept alive by her exquisite writings that we are privileged to read.  What a gift for her children, and for us! 

Shayna Kudan

1 comment:

  1. I remember that special shabbos too!
    Fruma

    ReplyDelete