Monday, November 1, 2010

Queen Esther: The Person I Admire Most

 An entry from one of Esty's recently found journals. (Written between ages 12-15)

Queen Esther: The Person I Admire Most
The person I admire most is Queen Esther. She risked her life and saved her people, the Jewish people, from being destroyed by the wicked Haman in the land of Persia.
I admire her for her strength, modesty, humility and her faith.
Her strength – in keeping the Jewish people together and united to stay as a nation although the times were hard.
Her modesty – Although she was good looking and pretty, she did not show off her beauty.
Her humility – Although she was the queen at the palace, she did not show off to others.
Her faith – She kept the Shabbos. She had seven maids for each day of the week, so each would not know that Shabbos was different from her daily schedule. She still kept Kosher, only ate fruits, vegetables and seeds. She  trusted and had faith in Hashem that all is for the good.
Since I was also named Esther, I do my best to bring out her ideals and follow in her ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment