Thursday, November 4, 2010

My classmate Esty!

Esty was my classmate, and a special friend.   We studied together, went to class farbrengens together, and enjoyed chuckling in class together.  Esty always had a sweet smile on her face.  She was not much of a "talker."  Everything she said had a genuine purpose, i.e. to help a fellow classmate. Not only did she lend out her notes to anybody and everybody who would need them, she also gave countless hours to students who needed a little extra help.  When I close my eyes and think of Esty, I can almost hear that genuine soft spoken voice.  She would not argue.  There was no time for that.  She was simply put, a true tzadeket...pure, simple, and a great accumulation of Mitzvos.
Esty, I miss you
and your lovely smile.
May your Neshama have an Aliya
Love,
DL Kaufmann
-----
Shalom Rubin and Cohen Families,
I learned with Esty, a"h, in Bais Chana seminary in Tzfas. As many have said before me, what I especially remember about Esty is her exceptional aidelkeit, her refined behavior, and her sweet smile. Though Esty was very, very bright, she did not flaunt her talents in any way. She was always tznius and Chassidish and focused on doing the right things the right way. I attached a picture of Esty from that year we learned together.

I would like to let you all know that a few women in the Tzfas English speaking community organized a young mother's support group l'ilui nishmas Esty. In the first meeting, twenty women participated, k"y. There is a really wonderful achdus happening. The group reads a chinuch article and discusses personal challenges, followed by a constructive goal planning session. The group plans to meet every 3 or 4 weeks, providing support, encouragement, and practical application of chinuch methods for many young families. IY"H this will bring much nachas and zchus to Esty.

It has been so uplifting and humbling to read the essays that Esty wrote and have been posted online. Thank you very much for making these public.

May your families know of only good health and happy occasions, and most of all, may Moshiach come right now!

Sincerely,

Dinka Kumer

No comments:

Post a Comment