Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Best Friend


From Esty's journal entry recently found, (written between ages 12-15) Chapter 35: (page 87)
My Dearest Friend
Although that I’ve had many good friends, the one who lives through my day to day lives is my mother. We do everything together. My mother and I, we go shopping, go to the library, talk together and take walks. We help each other out. I help her with the kids in the kitchen, with the housework and laundry. She helps me with my homework and gives me good advice when I am in trouble. I know I can trust her, so I tell her what is on my mind or what is bothering me.
My mother’s always there to give me a kind word, simple advice, and a smile. Now that I am away from home, I may feel homesick; have trouble with my homework or with friends. I keep in touch with my mother. She calls me and I tell her what’s happening in school. After I speak with her, I feel more calm in my situation.
Maybe when I become a mother someday, I may also be a best friend to my daughters. I’m sure we will be close, sharing our secrets with each other. I will always be there to listen and to try to give advice.
I feel proud to have a best friend like my mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment